What is the difference between http and https ?
Time to know this with 32 lakh debit cards compromised in India.
Many of you may be aware of this difference, but it is
worth sharing for any that are not.....
The main difference between http:// and https:// is all
about keeping you secure
HTTP stands for Hyper Text Transfer Protocol
The S (big surprise) stands for "Secure".. If you visit a
Website or web page, and look at the address in the web browser, it is likely begin with the following: http:///.
This means that the website is talking to your browser using
the regular unsecured language. In other words, it is possible for someone to "eavesdrop" on your computer's conversation with the Website. If you fill out a form on the website, someone might see the information you send to that site.
This is why you never ever enter your credit card number in an
Http website! But if the web address begins with https://, that
means your computer is talking to the website in a
Secure code that no one can eavesdrop on.
You understand why this is so important, right?
If a website ever asks you to enter your Credit/Debit card
Information, you should automatically look to see if the web
address begins with https://.
If it doesn't, You should NEVER enter sensitive
Information....such as a credit/debit card number.
PASS IT ON (You may save someone a lot of grief).
Sent from my iPhone
Sunday, October 23, 2016
Sunday, October 16, 2016
Below taken verbatim from:
Infocomm Media Youth Festival 2016
Come to the Infocomm Media (ICM) Youth Festival and immerse yourself in youth-centric experiential zones of all things tech and media.
- Event Start Date
- Event End Date
- Event Venue
- Suntec Convention Hall 401-402 (Main Hall) & Meeting Room 331 (Career Talk)
- Over 40 free workshops on coding (e.g. Apple Swift Playground, robotics, virtual reality, 360◦ video creation and more (pre-registration is required)
- Experience being a newscaster, radio DJ, software developer, data analyst or cyber security specialist
- Immersive experience through the power of augmented & virtual Reality
- Create life-size 3D paintings with Google Tilt Brush
- Come and see young coders programme their troops for battle during ’Ace of Coders’
- Meet and greet sessions with MediaCorp celebrities and YouTubers Night Owl Cinematics
- Get served by robots in the Smart Café
Above taken verbatim from:
Posted by ChangCL's Site at 10:34 AM