Thursday, May 26, 2016
Friday, May 6, 2016
Through The Principal/Vice-Principal
DSTA-DSO East Zone Robotics Challenge 2016
29th July (Friday)
Registration Deadline: 1st July 2016.
1. The East Zone Science & Technology Centre @ VJC together with Defence Science and Technology Agency (DSTA) and DSO National Laboratories (DSO) are organizing the 2016 East Zone Robotics Challenge on 29th July (Friday), as part of its annual East Zone Science Carnival. The purpose of the Challenge is to provide students with opportunities to exercise their creativity and problem-solving skills in the field of robotics.
2. The website for this year's Challenge is at: http://sites.google.com/a/vjc.sg/vjc-robotics-club/Home/robotics-challenge
3. We are pleased to extend our invitation to your school to participate in this competition. This year, the competition promises to be more challenging and varied than previous years. Please see Annexes B1 and B2@ the website for the details.
4. Schools may register for the Challenge at the above website. Online registration must be done by Friday 1st July 2016. All teams will be notified by email upon the receipt of their applications.
5. Prizes and medals will be awarded to the 1st, 2nd and 3rd positions for each of the four categories of the Exploration Challenge, namely
(a) Heavy Robots category (Primary School),
(b) Heavy Robots category (Secondary School),
(c) Light Robots category (Primary School), and
(d) Light Robots category (Secondary School).
6. Prizes and medals will be awarded to the 1st, 2nd and 3rd positions for each of the Primary and Secondary School categories of the Autonomous Challenge.
7. For more information, please refer to Annex A (Rules and Regulations) and Annexes B1 and B2 (Challenge description and Judging Criteria) at website link given.
8. For enquiries, please email the organizer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
9. We look forward to your support and an enjoyable learning experience for your students. We hope that the students will participate in the spirit of fun and learning.
Cheong Tien Beng
Victoria Junior College
20 Marine Vista, Singapore 449035
Tel: 64485011 | Fax: 64438337 | http://www.vjc.moe.edu.sg/